[ome-users] .dv large time series file open bug?

Daniel White dan at chalkie.org.uk
Mon Sep 26 15:43:13 BST 2016

Hi Bio-formats folks

A customer of mine is having problems opening DeltaVsion .dv files that
contain more than 32000 images (time points)
Virtual stack doesn't solve the problem apparently.

Her message:
"Hi Dan,

Same issue even when using virtual stacks. I uploaded a file called
'Localization_40k_OMX_UiT' in Fiji->Help->Upload Sample Image.

Regards,

Deanna
"

So there is a sample file as described above uploaded to imageJ upload
server, but i dont have rights to see that, so i cant test it myself. Maybe
someone can share it with me somehow?

I suspect a problem with the header info, maybe hitting a 2pow15 limit and
overflowing or similar????

I asked my colleagues at the GE microscope factory in Seattle if they had
added a hack to the file format to allow more then 32000 images, and they
are getting back to me with that...

but for now, can we test this file and see if there is a problem?

Best

Dan White