[ome-users] File format for HTS/HCS data

Kai Schleicher kai.schleicher at unibas.ch
Wed Oct 12 15:40:11 BST 2016

Hi,

We are looking for a container-file format to store HTS/HCS data. This
format needs to be read and written by Bio-formats.

The reason is that our storage file system deals much better with a few
large files than with many small files. Hence we'd expect to increase
usability and performance drastically when handling the data.

The output files of our microscope is for example *.HTD (metadata /
structure) next to  *.TIF (images and thumbnails). Here each position,
channel, time-point and plane are saved as individual *.TIFs. This
creates a lot of images for each multi-well plate screen.

So far we have been looking into CellH5 which looks promising but
development appears discontinued (correct me if I am wrong). Are there
alternatives?

Thanks for your help and cheers,
Kai

--

Kai Schleicher, PhD | Research Associate in Advanced Light Microscopy | Biozentrum, University of Basel | Klingelbergstrasse 50/70 | CH-4056 Basel |
Phone: +41 61 267 22 50 | kai.schleicher at unibas.ch | www.biozentrum.unibas.ch | www.microscopynetwork.unibas.ch