[ome-users] Indexing never completes to 100%

Mark Carroll m.t.b.carroll at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Oct 10 10:26:31 BST 2016

Dear Rainer,

> I uploaded the "Indexer-0.log" file, if your need additional logfiles,
> please let me know.
>
> As far as I can judge there are -of course- occasionally imports going
> on, nevertheless the Indexer seems to be never "really" finished.

Thank you very much for the log file. I think that because it
/sometimes/ reaches 100% then you are probably just fine. Indexer-0.log
includes the background indexing that would even take account of things
like changing comments or tags on images: a lot of the data in OMERO is
somehow indexed and, as changes are made, reindexed. Unless your server
is not reaching 100% after a period of complete quiescence or you are
not getting results in searches that show data that has been in the
server for some time, then I would say that everything is looking fine.
Thank you for mentioning, though: these curious things are indeed worth
asking about just to be sure.

-- Mark