[ome-users] .dv large time series file open bug?

Sebastien Besson (Staff) s.besson at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Oct 5 17:08:06 BST 2016

Hi Dan,

Thanks for following up on this thread. Unfortunately we do not have any recent specification
file documenting this new Deltavision format. Without knowing the specifics, we implemented
a minimal workaround in Bio-Formats 5.2.3 released today [1] which should hopefully deliver
support for these large time-series files to the community, including your customers.

In the mid-term, updating the Bio-Formats reader to use the exact format specification is
certainly a more robust and maintainable approach as we have seen with other proprietary file
formats. In addition to the storage of the number of timepoints in the header, is there any other
major change in the specification that would affect Bio-Formats? Would you be allowed to share
part or all of this new Deltavision format specification?

Best,
Sébastien

[1] https://www.openmicroscopy.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8133