[ome-users] Question about ICC profile

Roger Leigh rleigh at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Nov 30 10:00:03 GMT 2016

On 28/11/2016 21:54, Qi Gong wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>

> Sorry for bother. We are using Bioformat to extract and display WSI
> image in Matlab. I have two questions about ICC profile.
>
> 1.   If there is an ICC profile embedded in WSI image, does Bioformat
> automatically process WSI image base on the embedded ICC?
>
> 2.   If the WSI image is raw image, may I input an ICC to Bioformat, and
> ask Bioformat use the input ICC to process WSI image.
>
> If possible, please share some examples or guidance about them. Thank
> you very much.

Dear Qi,

Bio-Formats has no support for ICC profiles at present, so does no
special processing of the pixel data at all.  To date, we have not yet
encountered any WSI images with ICC profiles.

If you do have samples with ICC profiles, if you would be able to upload
a representative image or two using e.g.
http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/upload/, or put them somewhere we
could download them, we can certainly take a look at the metadata and
look at exposing the ICC data via the reader or model API in Bio-Formats.

Kind regards,
Roger