[ome-users] Orbit Image Analysis v2.41

Manuel Stritt manuel.stritt at actelion.com
Mon Nov 7 14:54:35 GMT 2016

Hello together,

I just released the new Orbit version which allows you to open and work
with whole slide images directly from local file system, even without an
image server.
(However, the preferred method will always to to connect to an image server
like Omero.)

This is the outcome of the feedback from many of you who wanted to work
with local files (e.g. SVS, NDPI, SCN, ...) directly without the need of
installing an image server first.

This has been made possible by using the Scifio/Bioformats library form OME
(we use version 5.2.4), so a big thanks goes out to the Bioformats team.

In addition to this some performance improvements have been implemented
(much faster rendering) and some bugs have been fixed.
See here <http://www.orbit.bio/2016/11/07/open-local-images/> for more
details and give it a try!

I also added more tutorials (under documentation).

http://www.orbit.bio/

Kind Regards,
Manuel

--
Manuel Stritt
Information Management Drug Discovery

--

The information of this email and in any file transmitted with it is
strictly confidential and may be legally privileged.