[ome-users] OMERO

Jason Swedlow (Staff) j.r.swedlow at dundee.ac.uk
Thu May 12 10:00:35 BST 2016

Hi Steve-

Thanks for your email.  Sorry for not getting back to you yesterday- it was a BBSRC RM deadline. ;)!

Day 3 of the OME Users Meeting (http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/community/minutes/meetings/11th-annual-users-meeting-2016) is "planned" as an UnConference (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unconference). Our plan is to use an electronic board, which will go live in the next few days, for people to announce/organise/suggest/propose their own sessions.  Anyone from the community- users, devs, etc- can organise a session...on anything.  It could be a demonstration of your own software, discussions on file formats, etc etc., or even- and we think this might happen- a discussion with reps from one of the UK funders on career structures for technology developers in academic institutions.

You might think this is all too chaotic and freeform, and most people who have been to UnConferences have had a range of experiences, from excellent to terrible.  It's an experiment that, given the diversity of people and interests that will be represented, might just end up being very cool.

Expect the programme to run from 9-3pm, with a break in the middle for lunch and a summary session from 3-4pm.

Thanks again for your interest.

Cheers,

Jason