[ome-users] Append "original metadata" to already imported images

Thomas Julou thomas.julou at normalesup.org
Wed Mar 9 10:12:49 GMT 2016

Hello,

Following the productive discussion on importing micro-manager’s metadata for stack files <http://lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk/pipermail/ome-users/2016-January/005831.html>, I realised that it would be very useful for us to have also a way to append those a posteriori. I’m thinking of an omero script that would read the relevant tif tag in the original file, parse the corresponding JSON and append metadata if they don’t already exist…

Because I’m not familiar with omero scripts, I would like to know first whether appending “original metadata” to an already imported image is doable through the script API. If yes, a simplistic example would extremely useful as a starting point.
Thank you very much for your help. Best,

--
Thomas Julou  |  Computational & Systems Biology  |  Biozentrum – University of Basel  |  Klingelbergstrasse 50/70 CH-4056 Basel  |  +41 (0)61 267 16 21