[ome-users] Bug report BioFormats - LiFlimReader.java

Johan Herz johan at lambertinstruments.com
Wed Apr 20 11:35:12 BST 2016

Dear All,

To whom it may concern, I would like to report a Bug I encounter in
Bioformats.
The following exception is thrown by Fiji:

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1937)
at loci.formats.in.LiFlimReader.initOriginalMetadata(LiFlimReader.java:334)

I have a .fli file with the following header entry:
  'LockExposureTime = 0'
and while looking at the code in LiFlimReader.java I think that this
conflicts with to following:

315  else if (metaKey.endsWith("ExposureTime")) {
316     int space = value.indexOf(" ");
317     double expTime = Double.parseDouble(value.substring(0, space));
318     String units = value.substring(space + 1).toLowerCase();
319     if (units.equals("ms")) {
320        expTime /= 1000;
321     }

I think for future releases of Bioformats this still can cause a conflict
in case a different Header entry ends with "ExposureTime"

Please contact me for further questions and I will be looking forward to
receiving a reply.

With best regards,

Johan Herz, Sales Engineer

Tel: +31-50-501-8461 | Skype: lambert-johan
Lambert Instruments BV|Leonard Springerlaan 19 (5th floor)|9727 KB
Groningen|The Netherlands
Dutch Chamber of Commerce nr.: 52396940 | www.lambertinstruments.com