[ome-users] ldap new_user_group not working with :dn_attribute:

Tjelvar Olsson (JIC) Tjelvar.Olsson at jic.ac.uk
Fri Apr 8 13:25:11 BST 2016

Hi Ola,

Thank you for pointing me in the direction of the relevant logs.

The issue was that I had set the ldap_base to high in the tree. This meant that the groups were not accessible to OMERO, resulting in the error message below.

2016-04-08 07:59:21,440 ERROR [     o.s.blitz.fire.PermissionsVerifierI] (l.Server-2) Exception thrown while checking password for:hartleym
ome.conditions.InternalException: Full DN (cn=aaa,ou=groups,dc=scicomp,dc=jic,dc=ac,dc=uk) does not start with base DN (ou=people,dc=scicomp,dc=jic,dc=ac,dc=uk)

Changing the ldap_base from:

omero.ldap.base=ou=people,dc=scicomp,dc=jic,dc=ac,dc=uk

to:

omero.ldap.base=dc=scicomp,dc=jic,dc=ac,dc=uk

sorted out the issue.

Kind regards,

Tjelvar

--