[ome-users] Z-dimension bug with Andor TIFF

James Wainwright jimboesq at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 14:58:06 BST 2015

Hi again,

A user has pointed out, and I have confirmed, that the Z dimension is
incorrectly sized when opening an Andor TIFF with Bioformats. I guess this
is similar to Bug 12964, which I previously reported.

Basically, Bioformats seems to ignore the actual Z-step used and uses the
frame number instead - i.e. 1um Z-step for everything.

I've uploaded a dataset created by the latest version of Andor iQ (3.3.2)
here:

http://www.andor.com/ftp/8670/Protocol1.zip

The text file should show the correct metadata, namely:

XY (pixels) = 0.696
Z (Z-step) = 0.86

Let me know if it helps or if you need more!

Thanks a lot!

James