[ome-users] Add my project to BF-CPP page

Jason Swedlow (Staff) j.r.swedlow at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Sep 24 22:36:50 BST 2015

Hi Joe-

Thanks for this update, and thanks for using our software.

Please note that Bio-Formats is released under the BSD and GPL licenses.  The Java and C++ I/O libraries are BSD while the format readers are GPL [https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/tree/develop/components/formats-gpl].  Our understanding is that you are using Bio-Formats readers.  If so, to comply with the licensing terms of Bio-Formats readers, your distribution must be licensed under the GPL.

Please do have a look at the licenses.  If you have any questions, please do contact us on these lists.

As always, thanks for your usage and support.

Cheers,

Jason