[ome-users] small issue with recent MetaXpress XML formatting

Mario Emmenlauer mario at emmenlauer.de
Fri Sep 4 12:52:36 BST 2015

Dear Bio-Formats developers,

I have a small issue with MetaXpress meta data. I could already track
down a bit of detail: The MetaXpress meta data can contain an XML
string, that will be read in loci/formats/in/MetamorphTiffReader.java.
The XML can contain a value="..." that is itself a list again, which
in earlier versions of MetaXpress was separated by "
"
In newer versions of MetaXpress there seems to be a change, that the
list is instead separated by "
" (note the different ampersand).

Now the problem comes around line 244 of MetamorphTiffReader.java, where
there is a call to XMLTools.sanitizeXML(ifd.getComment()); After the
sanitizing, the ampersand is gone, leaving " #13; #10;" behind, which
is a problem for my subsequent parsers. Would it be possible to change
the behavior of sanitizeXML() to leave intact the list separator? Or
maybe you have another better solution...

The image I used is here:
    http://data.marssoft.de/bxyz-505_wA03_s1_z1_t1_cDAPI_u1.tif

All the best, and thanks for your great work,

     Mario Emmenlauer

--
Mario Emmenlauer BioDataAnalysis             Mobil: +49-(0)151-68108489
Balanstrasse 43                    mailto: mario.emmenlauer * unibas.ch