[ome-users] DM4 reader pixel height/depth scale errors

Martin Jones Martin.Jones at crick.ac.uk
Mon Nov 30 16:59:48 GMT 2015

Hi,

thanks to all for the excellent work! Unfortunately I am still finding a bug in reading DM4 files. The image loads fine in the viewer, but the reported Pixel Height and Voxel Depth dimensions are incorrect. Specifically, the Pixel Height seems to give the value I’d expect for Voxel Depth (0.05um in the example I uploaded to QA.16940) while the Voxel Depth is reported as 5.0um. The Pixel Width is reported correctly and since the x,y dimensions are the same I have enough information to impose the correct width, height and depth so I have a workaround for now. It looks as though the raw metadata only records FOV and number of pixels so I guess there’s a calculation being performed somewhere to get the individual pixel size?

I have Bio-Formats version 5.1.6-DEV installed on an up-to-date Fiji installation.

Many thanks!
Martin

Dr. Martin Jones

Electron Microscopy STP
The Francis Crick Institute
Lincoln's Inn Fields Laboratory
44 Lincoln’s Inn Fields
London WC2A 3LY

T: +44 (0)20 7269 3346 (Room 1B16)
E: Martin.Jones at crick.ac.uk<mailto:Martin.Jones at crick.ac.uk>
W: www.crick.ac.uk<http://www.crick.ac.uk>

The Francis Crick Institute Limited is a registered charity in England and Wales no. 1140062 and a company registered in England and Wales no. 06885462, with its registered office at 215 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE.