[ome-users] Retraction: upgrading CentOS6 to SCL

Helen Flynn (Staff) h.flynn at dundee.ac.uk
Tue Nov 24 11:55:17 GMT 2015

Dear All,

Several system administrators have contacted us regarding the necessity to upgrade production systems from CentOS6 to CentOS6-SCL when upgrading to OMERO 5.2, following some misleading sections in our documentation.

Our documentation suggested upgrading production systems to CentOS6-SCL, mainly to add support for Django version 1.8. However, there are currently no known Django 1.6 security issues and OMERO still supports Django 1.6 in its released versions.

Therefore, we do not suggest performing the non-trivial upgrade to CentOS6-SCL, even if it is possible.

Thanks again for your support and once again apologies for the confusion. The documentation will be clarified imminently and improved advice available with the 5.2.1 release before the end of the year.

If you have started this CentOS upgrade process and are struggling, please get in touch here or via the forums and we will endeavour to help you out.

Regards,

The OME Team

Dr Helen Flynn
OME Technical Writer