[ome-users] OMERO Scripts Plugins

Stephen Taylor stephen.taylor at imm.ox.ac.uk
Fri May 1 11:44:43 BST 2015

Hi Will,

That's great. Thanks for the tips!

Steve

From: ome-users [mailto:ome-users-bounces at lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk] On Behalf Of William Moore
Sent: 01 May 2015 10:32
To: OME User Support List
Subject: Re: [ome-users] OMERO Scripts Plugins

Hi Stephen,

 There are instructions for running scripts from the command line at
https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5.1/developers/scripts/user-guide.html#run-script

I also use the command line to replace scripts after each edit, since I'm editing them in a
different location than bin/omero/scripts.
But if your workflow doesn't need this then that's fine.

One small 'hack' you can use to speed up testing in web is to copy the url of the
script dialog, E.g. http://localhost:4080/webclient/script_ui/10656/?Image=3718
and open a new window / tab and paste this url in, then run the script from here.
Now, since the window.opener is no-longer the web client, the javascript that
closes the script dialog when you run the script will fail and the dialog will stay open.
Then you can simply refresh this window each time you update your script, which
is quite a bit faster than re-opening it from web client each time.
Results will still be shown in the web client if you refresh the Activities panel.

 Hope that helps,

   Will.