[ome-users] Running Bio-Formats from a plugin

Ved P. Sharma vedsharma at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 18:51:40 BST 2015

Dear Balaji,

I think the ActionListener in my plugin is slowing the BF Importer. Take a
look at a sample code below. The first call to BF importer from inside
BF_plugin() opens image quickly but when I press the "open image" button,
it takes 5-10 sec to open the same image. Any thoughts on why
ActionListener is slowing things down and how to remedy this?

Thanks,

Ved

// ******************* plugin starts here ****************************
import ij.plugin.frame.*;
import java.awt.event.*;
import ij.*;
import ij.gui.*;
import javax.swing.*;

public class BF_plugin extends PlugInFrame implements ActionListener {
    private JPanel panel;
    public BF_plugin() {
        super("BF_plugin");
        panel = new JPanel();
        JButton b = new JButton("open image");
        b.addActionListener(this);
        panel.add(b);
        add(panel);
        pack();
        GUI.center(this);
        setVisible(true);
        IJ.run("Bio-Formats Importer",
"open=[d:\\Users\\ved\\Test\\image.dv] autoscale color_mode=Default
split_channels view=[Standard ImageJ] stack_order=Default");
    }
        IJ.run("Bio-Formats Importer",
"open=[d:\\Users\\ved\\Test\\image.dv] autoscale color_mode=Default
split_channels view=[Standard ImageJ] stack_order=Default");
    }
}