[ome-users] showinf issue in C++ binding

Roger Leigh r.leigh at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Jun 22 21:55:29 BST 2015

On 22/06/2015 20:13, Joe Ping-Lin Hsiao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am on Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit and I just built Bio-formats with C++
> bindings by following the instructions here
> (http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/bio-formats5.1/developers/jace/build-linux.html).
>
> Every step looks fine, but when I run the 'showinf' program, I got the
> the message

> 'jace::VirtualMachineShutdownError'
>    what():  The virtual machine is not running
> Abort (core dumped)

Which version of Java do you have installed as the system default?
i.e. the output of "java -version"

Note that this is known to not work with Java 8:
https://github.com/uw-loci/cppwrap-maven-plugin/issues/2
So if you're using Java 8 I would suggest trying with Java 7 instead as
a workaround.

Regards,
Roger Leigh

--
Dr Roger Leigh -- Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression,