[ome-users] [Bio-Formats] JPEG-XR via CZI

Douglas Richardson ds.richardson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 17:00:06 BST 2015

Yes, you can turn off the compression. You still get a .czi container, but
the data is no longer compressed by JPEG XR.  Depending on how large the
total area you need to scan is, and how many colors you have (if doing
fluorescence), the file size can become so large that it's easier to save
as JPEG XR.  Either way, I believe you still have to split the file (if
it's large) and fuse each region into a single tile before Bioformats can
properly display it.

-Doug