[ome-users] OMERO - answer to your question on Facebook

Petr Walczysko pwalczysko at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Jan 23 11:16:07 GMT 2015

Hi Christopher
you wrote on Facebook a question concerning the feature upcoming in
OMERO 5.1 which will allow you to interoperate between IJ and OMERO
regions and more, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-xYKpatHBs

Your question was:
“Is this also including updates? Eg what happens if I decide I want a
different ROI. Will it re-upload the image as "new" ?”

The workflow you are asking about is still work in progress. We had in
mind following sequence:
   - open the (already uploaded) image from OMERO in ImageJ, using the
plugin shown in video (just double-click on the thumbnail in the Insight
Data Manager shown in the video, this will open the image in IJ)
   - draw a region in ImageJ
   - save the region (BUT DO NOT RE-UPLOAD THE IMAGE)

What is your particular workflow please ?

Any details on it would be very helpful to us. We are wondering about
questions like
Do you want to rewrite the existing regions, or just add the new ones ?,
Do you insist on the combination of the workflow shown in the YouTube
video and the three point workflow I described above or are you happy to
reopen the image from OMERO ?

Thank you very much for your feedback

All the best

Petr