[ome-users] question

martin.kaiser at physiologie.uni-heidelberg.de martin.kaiser at physiologie.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Jan 16 08:42:14 GMT 2015

Dear all,

I'm using the bfGetReader and the bfopen functions to analyzie
HIS.files in Matlab (R2011b). Everything is working perfectly as long
as the file is relatively small (approx. 700 MB). However, as soon as
I try to read larger files (approx. 10 GB) Matlab gives me the
following error:

"Error using loci.formats.ChannelSeparator/setId
Java exception occurred:
java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
	at loci.formats.in.HISReader.initFile(HISReader.java:125)
	at loci.formats.FormatReader.setId(FormatReader.java:1315)
	at loci.formats.ImageReader.setId(ImageReader.java:753)
	at loci.formats.ReaderWrapper.setId(ReaderWrapper.java:569)
	at loci.formats.ChannelFiller.setId(ChannelFiller.java:259)
	at loci.formats.ReaderWrapper.setId(ReaderWrapper.java:569)
	at loci.formats.ChannelSeparator.setId(ChannelSeparator.java:270)"

Everything runs smoothly up to this line: r.setId(id) (last line of
the bfGETReader function), whereby the id is just the path of the
HIS-file.

Increasing the Java heap space did not help!

Does anyone have an idea how to solve the problem?

Thanks very much in advance!

cheers