[ome-users] [ome-devel] RFC: Changes to the OMERO minimum system requirements for 5.1 and 5.2

Roger Leigh rleigh at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Feb 20 14:37:42 GMT 2015

On 13/01/15 13:46, Roger Leigh wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Prior to the release of OMERO 5.1, the OME team have been reviewing our
> support for the various software components we depend upon.  A proposal
> of the versions we intend to support for OMERO 5.1 and 5.2 is detailed
> here:
> https://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5.1/sysadmins/version-requirements.html
[...]
> Your feedback would be appreciated.  If any of these proposed changes
> are problematic, please do provide us with the details of your system
> (OS version and software versions) so that we can try to accommodate
> support for it where possible.

Many thanks to everyone who took the time to look through the above
document and provide feedback, this was really useful and appreciated.
We have made a few changes based upon the feedback received, and the
above URL now contains these changes.  The feedback was all positive,
with a few requests to clarify various specific parts.  The main change
of note was to not deprecate the 32-bit Windows client support given the
high usage of 32-bit Windows clients.  Other than that, most of the
other changes were tidying and fixing minor mistakes and inconsistencies.

If you didn't have time to send any feedback, or missed the original
mail, it's not too late to do so.  If you have any further feedback,
please do submit it and we'll try to incorporate it prior to the 5.1
release.

Kind regards,
Roger Leigh

--
Dr Roger Leigh -- Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression,