[ome-users] Swap dimensions in OMERO (time vs. z)

Niko Ehrenfeuchter nikolaus.ehrenfeuchter at unibas.ch
Wed Feb 18 15:22:09 GMT 2015

Hi Josh,

On 17.02.2015 20:55, Josh Moore wrote:
> Hi Niko,
>

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 5:19 PM, Niko Ehrenfeuchter
> <nikolaus.ehrenfeuchter at unibas.ch> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> we're having a couple of datasets where OMERO mistakes time steps for Z
>> slices - is there an easy way to swap them?
>

> what type of dataset is it? Could you send us the import log?

it's a .nd/.stk dataset produced by a Visitron system (which uses
Metamorph as far as I understood it). If you want to try yourself, the
full dataset is available in QA tickets 10440 (the .nd file), 10442 and
10512 (the three corresponding .stk files). They were initially uploaded
for a different problem, that is solved with 5.0.8.

Otherwise I can also dig through the logs here, I guess you're asking
for the Blitz-0.log?

On top of that we have some more (non-Visitron) Metamorph TIFFs which
have their T interpreted as Z and their C as T. I can upload one of
these, although the smallest one that I have is ~850 MB. Inspecting the
metadata with Fiji shows the expected odd inconsistency on those,
stating the images should have 2 timepoints (instead of the real 165),
but then giving T x C "timepoints" further down.

Don't know if this is a related issue though. Let me know if I should
upload it!

Thanks,
~Niko