[ome-users] C++ bindings build failed on Windows

Roger Leigh rleigh at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Aug 20 16:35:29 BST 2015

On 20/08/2015 15:18, Joe Ping-Lin Hsiao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build bio-formats 5.1.3 C++ binding on Windows, but got
> the following errors after the first 'mvn' command:
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> loci.maven.plugins:cppwrap-maven-plugin:1.1.1:wrap (default-cli) on
> project formats-bsd: Execution default-cli of goal
> loci.maven.plugins:cppwrap-maven-plugin:1.1.1:wrap failed: An API
> incompatibility was encountered while executing
> loci.maven.plugins:cppwrap-maven-plugin:1.1.1:wrap:
> java.lang.ClassFormatError: Unrecognized constant tag value <15>

Dear Joe,

Please could you confirm which version of Java you are using ("java
-version")?

If it's Java 1.8, then I'm afraid this Java version is not currently
supported by the JACE C++ wrapping code; support is currently limited to
Java 1.7 or 1.6.

Kind regards,
Roger

--
Dr Roger Leigh -- Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression,