[ome-users] A bit of django help - need to change login page behaviour, slightly

Jake Carroll jake.carroll at uq.edu.au
Tue Aug 18 13:23:51 BST 2015

Hi there. Thanks for getting back to me.

OK. That is close, but I guess the premise is still sort of broken/not quite what it quite should be.

I think we’re getting closer.

If I set:

bin/omero config set omero.web.index_template 'webstart/index.html'

The landing page I end up on is actually the “click to download the Insight Client” page - which isn’t bad/is sensible, but really, the FIRST URL the environment should hit, ideally is:

https://blah.blah.blah.blah/webclient/login/?url=%2Fwebclient%2F

I believe the reason it does not hit this first is because of the use of the following:

omero.web.public.enabled=True
omero.web.public.password=xyzxyzxyz
omero.web.public.server_id=1
omero.web.public.url_filter=^/(?!webadmin|webclient/logout/|webclient/action/\w+|webclient/annotate_(file|tags|comment))
omero.web.public.user=xyzxyzxyz

So I need to somehow find a way of ultimate redirection landing to:

https://blah.blah.blah.blah/webclient/login/?url=%2Fwebclient%2F

Before anything else - but somehow maintain the existence of the public-data/web public functions.

Thanks!

-jc