[ome-users] Handling public data

William Moore will at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Sun Nov 16 21:57:39 GMT 2014

Hi Jake,

 Any user on the OMERO that wants to make some of their data public needs to be added to the 'public group'.
They can then move their data into that group. This will make it visible to the 'public user'.
In OMERO.insight or web, you can right-click on an image in the left-panel hierarchy and choose "Move to group",
then choose the "public" group. You can choose to organise images within Projects & Datasets in the
public group if you wish, but it's not necessary for linking to the image via webgateway viewer.

Unfortunately it's not possible to copy/paste or automatically duplicate the image when you move
them to the public group.
If it's important to keep the original images in their current group, then you may want to
re-import the images directly into the public group.

Apologies that a "one-click solution" isn't yet available, but hopefully the current workflow
isn't too painful.

 Hope that helps,

   Will.