[ome-users] Unhandled exception after migration

Mark Carroll m.t.b.carroll at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Nov 14 15:44:22 GMT 2014

Dear Jason,

Are there any clues in your Blitz-0.log on the server when you try the
failed download or the omero fs repos login? We would certainly be happy
to help you diagnose any complaints from that log. I am coming to this
thread a little late, but useful information in general may be:

- Blitz-0.log extracts when wrong things happened
- output of bin/omero admin diagnostics
- any other information on how the server is configured (e.g. from
bin/omero config get, but don't include any passwords!)
- lines from the originalfile DB table or other relevant tables for the
problem repositories and images, and any comments about how the paths
and names in the table correspond to how the files on your actual disks
are arranged.

 > I'm suspicious of the name '
PublicRepository-69b60b5f-cec8-42f6-8c33-668585685e61'.
'69b60b5f-cec8-42f6-8c33-668585685e61' is my ManagedRepository. Looking
at the repositories in the 'originalfile' table of the database, I do
not see a PublicRepository. Should there be one?

This part is probably okay, at least: ManagedRepository is a subclass of
PublicRepository, and it uses various methods from that class. It would
also be good to make sure from psql that the output of this makes sense:

select path from originalfile where name = 'ManagedRepository' and
mimetype = 'Repository';

If it is most convenient for you, feel free to risk sending too much
information instead of too little: you can zip it all up and upload it
via http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/upload/

In the future, we are thinking that we really ought to write further
documentation regarding moving OMERO's binary repository, as it can be
tricky. Thank you for your patience as things are now!

Have a good weekend.

Cheers,

Mark