[ome-users] Making permanent and public links in omero?

Mark Carroll m.t.b.carroll at dundee.ac.uk
Mon Nov 3 12:58:02 GMT 2014

On 11/03/2014 12:41 PM, Jake Carroll wrote:
(snip)
> 1. She wants to make permanent, indelible, public URL’s to certain things or images she chooses to make public inside her omero collection. How could she achieve this?
(snip)

http://help.openmicroscopy.org/urls-to-data.html is likely to be a
useful part of how this can be achieved: if there is a reachable
OMERO.web server, then data in OMERO can be reached by URLs based on the
objects' type and ID.

http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero/developers/Web/PublicData.html
gives information on setting up a "public user" for OMERO.web.

In arranging for the data to be in a group that is publicly available,
you might be interested to know that, in our work for the 5.1.x line of
OMERO, we are looking at offering a group permissions type that is even
more "locked down" than the familiar "read-only" groups we already
offer, with such publication needs in mind. We have also been doing
further work on making it easier to download the original image files.

I hope that this helps. What I have omitted, I am sure that others will add.

-- Mark