[ome-users] Bio-Formats Importer .czi problem

Emil Rozbicki emil at glencoesoftware.com
Sun Nov 2 10:00:22 GMT 2014

Hi Christopher,

it seems like you have similar problems to those described here:
http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/12556

we have already have the fixes, they need to be tested now:
https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/pull/1386
https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/pull/1400

To answer your question regarding the structure of the .CZI file format, currently Bioformats does not support reading a single .czi file from a dataset. The only way to open it correctly and access a subset of the dataset is as you described via Bioformats Importer choosing the Range option in the memory settings.

It would be great if we could get the data to check whether current fixes also solve your problems. As the files are larger then 2 GB they cannot be uploaded via the OME QA system. Would you mind uploading them to our FTP server, please. I will send you the details in a private e-mail.

Regards,
Emil