[ome-users] Insight & Java 8

Simon Li s.p.li at dundee.ac.uk
Wed May 28 19:05:08 BST 2014

On 20 May 2014, at 16:01, Josh Moore <josh at glencoesoftware.com> wrote:
> On May 19, 2014, at 10:45 AM, Mark Woodbridge wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>
> Hi Mark,
>
>> I've been trying to use Insight with Java 8 on Windows and Linux but get the attached error when trying to log in. Is it just me? It works with Java 7.
>
> We've had other issues with Java 8 (*) and so haven't adopted it widely.
> I also couldn't find any references to specific Java 8 / SSL issues.
> Unless someone else has found a workaround, I'd suggest sticking with
> Java 7 for the time being.

Hi Mark

I've just seen a similar error with Insight webstart and Java 1.8.0_05 on the client (OS X), 1.7.0_55 on the server, Ice 3.5. Can you tell us your exact Java/Ice versions, and whether it was webstart or the standalone Insight you were using, so that we can try and work out whether it's specific to particular versions?

Thanks

Simon