[ome-users] Much slower opening of SPCImage Data file with BF5.0

R.F. Laine rfl30 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 12 23:54:13 GMT 2014

Dear,
I regularly use Bio-format with Fiji for SPCImage Data file (.sdt
extension).
At the release of the version 5 of Bio-format, I realised that the time
taken to open these files was significantly increased (almost 10x
longer).

I use a PC with windows 8.1 (but tested on Windows 7 also with similar
results)
Latest Java (7.51)
ImageJ 1.48s

File description:
256 x 256 x 256 (XYT) .sdt file.

Using Bio-format 5.0.0: it takes about 14 seconds
Using Bio-format 4.4.9 (life line version with ImageJ only update): it
takes about 2 seconds

I use batch processing on a regular basis and this time increase is
significantly detrimental to my analysis procedure.
Thanks a lot for all the help the community brings !!

Best regards,

Romain

--
Romain Laine, PhD in Biophotonics