[ome-users] Problems compiling PlugInBioFormatsImporter.java for MIPAV

Roger Leigh rleigh at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Jun 27 14:46:32 BST 2014

On 27/06/14 05:26, Dr. Pascal Detampel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to compile the latest version of “PlugInBioFormatsImporter.java” to install the Bioformats Package for MIPAV, but it interrupts with the error below:
> I used the release version 5.0.2 of Bio-Formats and proceeded as noted in section 11.11.1 in the documentation .
> The system I use is OSX 10.9.3 with Java version 1.6.0_65.
>
> Apparently it is not finding some of the needed methods in the corresponding jar package.
> Do I need any additional libraries, or missed I something else?

No, what you did was correct but the code won't currently build. I've
opened a ticket here for this:

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/12420

Thanks for letting us know about the problem.  This plugin has not been
updated since it was originally added in 2009, and it doesn't appear to
have much usage.  Once we have fixed the issues you identified and added
it to our daily testing, this shouldn't occur again.

Kind regards,
Roger Leigh

--
Dr Roger Leigh -- Open Microscopy Environment
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation and Expression,