[ome-users] Blitz log file too big

Carnë Draug carandraug+dev at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 17:09:15 BST 2014

On 23 June 2014 15:23, Mark Carroll <m.t.b.carroll at dundee.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 06/23/2014 03:16 PM, Yanling Liu wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to set OME 5 log level? I have realized the Blitz log
>> file grows very fast while I am doing some file import jobs.
>

> The Blitz log levels are set in etc/logback.xml and a running server
> will soon pick up any changes there, as described at
> http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/developers/logging.html#java-servers

For me, this doesn't apply to the processor.log. This log seems to be
rotating every 5MB.

$ ls -sh var/log/Processor-0.log*
2.4M .var/log/Processor-0.log
4.8M var/log/Processor-0.log.1
4.8M var/log/Processor-0.log.2
4.8M var/log/Processor-0.log.3
4.8M var/log/Processor-0.log.4
4.8M var/log/Processor-0.log.5
4.8M var/log/Processor-0.log.6
4.8M var/log/Processor-0.log.7
4.8M var/log/Processor-0.log.8
4.8M var/log/Processor-0.log.9

I'm guessing it is following the system defaults (set
"java.util.logging.FileHandler.limit = 50000" at
/etc/java-7-openjdk/logging.properties). Why is not using
"etc/logback.xml"?

Carnë