[ome-users] Server error (500). Why is this displayed

ingvar ingvar at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jun 6 13:40:08 BST 2014

Hi,

I had a 500 error the other day.  In my case it was down to some
malformed cookies.  Django makes a check for illegal characters in the
file backend for sessions, and if formed throws an exception.

To check if your 500 error is due to same reason as mine, look for a
line:

SuspiciousOperation: Invalid characters in session key

in the Django output.
This is described in:
http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/11281
https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/19664
This has apparently been fixed in more recent versions of Django.

Clearing out my cookie cash solved the problem for me

/Ingvar