[ome-users] Omero 4.4.9 to 5.0.0 RC1 upgrade - Error connecting to database table dbpatch

Paulo Almeida palmeida at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Thu Jan 9 17:14:03 GMT 2014

Hi Ola,

Apparently you're right, because now I also saw lines like this in the
log:

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: password
authentication failed for user "omero"

I'm a bit puzzled by that, because it was working before the upgrade.
Initially I had thought it might be something with the settings, because
when I first ran omero, after the upgrade, it complained about a missing
"/OMERO" folder. But I set that up, along with DB name, user and
password, so the output of "omero config get" is this:

omero.data.dir=/afs/igc.gulbenkian.pt/folders/UBI/SERVICES/OMERO/binary-repository
omero.db.name=omero
omero.db.password=secret
omero.db.user=omero

"secret" is the password that I successfully use to check the database
using:

psql -h localhost -U omero

And this is the beginning of \l inside psql:

   Name    |  Owner   | Encoding |   Collate   |    Ctype    |   Access
privileges
 omero     | omero    | UTF8     | en_US.UTF-8 | en_US.UTF-8 |

Is there anything else I can do to check what credentials omero is
using, if not those in etc/grid/config.xml? I even tried setting the
password in etc/omero.properties, with no success (I guess I'm not
supposed to do that anyway).

Thanks,
Paulo