[ome-users] Fwd: Errors when loading Cellomics .DIB with non-standard filename

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Feb 25 01:09:41 GMT 2014

Hi Lee,

> We packaged a Cellomics dataset as part of the Broad Bioimage Benchmark
> Collection, BBBC018. It's available for download here:
> http://www.broadinstitute.org/bbbc/BBBC018/BBBC018_v1_images.zip
>
> We renamed the files when we packaged it up - unfortunately. It's not the
> first time that something like this has happened, not under our control.
> When I unpack the zip and use showinf to read the image, I get the
> following stack trace:
*snip*
> I'm going to submit a pull request for a patch to this - I have both the
> directory of zip files and a representative directory of Cellomics files
> with their correct file names and I want to make sure what I do works in
> CellProfiler (https://github.com/CellProfiler/CellProfiler/issues/1043).

My apologies for not following up here sooner, and thank you for
submitting the pull request:

https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/pull/923

> I do have one question as I'm implementing. This line:
> https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/blob/develop/components/bio-formats/src/loci/formats/in/CellomicsReader.java#L195
>
> prevents the reader from including all of a plate's files unless there is a
> full plate map. It seems a little cruel... just want to make sure it
> belongs there, I have one directory which is a full plate and another which
> is just short of full.

The main reason for that being in place was to prevent the reader from
being confused when multiple files copied from different plates were
present in the same directory.  It's not strictly necessary, and could
definitely be replaced with something a little smarter (which I can
certainly do in an upcoming pull request).

Regards,
-Melissa