[ome-users] CZI dimension

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Feb 25 00:45:35 GMT 2014

Hi Vytas,

> > It appears bioformats importer does not recognize the CZI fields created
> > by the recent Lightsheet microscope system.  The lightsheet stored angular
> > rotation "views" within the structure in addition to CH, T, Z. The importer
> > does open the first 'view', but not beyond that.
> > Can I request that tag/data be read for CZI?

Which version of Bio-Formats are you currently using?  If you haven't
already, I would suggest updating to 5.0.0-rc1:

http://downloads.openmicroscopy.org/bio-formats/5.0.0-rc1

and/or the very, very soon-to-be-released 5.0.0.  5.0.0-rc1 contains
many improvements to .czi support, and I would expect it to open all
rotations in a lightsheet dataset.

> > The Zeiss software export is not very friendly [outputs views in stacks
> > per Z and time], meaning that output must be then split and resorted to get
> > data suitable for openSPIM processing.
> > These are hugely big.
> > If the czi could be opened as a virtual stack and then written out with
> > the usual sequential tif naming, then it at least saves one step and much
> > time/space.
> > [I can try to upload a smaller czi file (5GBs), if that helps]

A sample dataset would be very helpful if you find that there are still
problems with 5.0.0-rc1/5.0.0.  If you are interested in uploading a
file, please let me know and I will send the current FTP server
information off-list.

Regards,
-Melissa