[ome-users] Nightly build

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Fri Feb 7 12:48:27 GMT 2014

Hi Christopher,

On Feb 5, 2014, at 6:44 PM, Christophe TREFOIS wrote:

> Dear Melissa,
>
> Do I have to update all bio-formats related libs in $OMERO_PREFIX/lib/client and /server or only /server ...?

The files under lib/client are primarily used for importing using the command-line (bin/omero import).
If you are not using those, then you can likely get away with just copying the jars under lib/server.

> and only loci_common.jar?

> I guess updating bio-formats.jar in /lib/client should be sufficient but I can't be sure :)

It really depends on what change you're trying to deploy. The most complete would be to download all the jars
and copy them in. Unfortunately, there are some naming differences between what's used in Bio-Formats and what's
used in OMERO.

It may be easier to take a daily build of OMERO like http://ci.openmicroscopy.org/view/5.0/job/OMERO-5.0-merge-daily/
and use all of the jars at once. (Daily builds of OMERO contain the daily build of Bio-Formats as well)

Hope that helps,
~Josh.