[ome-users] Bioformats opening ND2 error

Alexandre Cunha cunha at caltech.edu
Fri Dec 5 18:51:32 GMT 2014

We are also having problems with nd2 files either using showinf or fiji. The image is loaded, it does not crash, but the colors are partially gibberish, i.e., it is if at some point the reader/interpreter skip a byte or two and the colors make no sense anymore. We loaded the images with Nikon viewer and they are shown correctly. I haven't tried the fix reported by Christian Carsten.

I tried two different files acquired in two different Nikon scopes using fiji in linux and os x. One image loads OK in os x but the other is all pitch black (missed the 12 bits quantization?). Both images are not OK in linux. The Bioformat plugins used by fiji are different in the platforms:

linux: 5.0.5-DEV, rev 33b1150, built 10 Nov 2014
os x: 5.0.2, rev 0c4215a, built 27 May 2014

I also used showinf in linux (Version: 5.0.2, VCS revision: 0c4215a, Build date: 27 May 2014) but to no avail. I tried in two linux boxes (ubuntu 12.04) and the problem is the same.

I will be happy to share the files if it helps diagnosing the problem.

Best,
- Alex