[ome-users] Bioformats opening ND2 error

Peter Saxon pas115 at bham.ac.uk
Fri Dec 5 12:57:17 GMT 2014

Hi all,

A recent experiment has yielded a set of ND2 files which bioformats seem to
be struggling with. They open fine in Nikons own software ('NIS viewer')
which leads me to believe the files are valid and intact. Samples provided
below

http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk/qa/feedback/10380/?token=21549ddad4b975eb1917b005f9299de4
or
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bok66l3y5xpn7w/271120.nd2?dl=0

The image should be a single frame, 4 x 12bit colour channels, 1392x1040
pixels. I've tried opening it with both the matlab tools (Bioformats 5.0.6)
and icy (also with 5.0.6), using Windows, Java 1.7.0_21. It causes both to
hang, last message displayed is
Parsing block 'ImageCalibra' 0%

Am I doing something stupid, and/or does anyone know what is causing these
errors?

Best wishes,

Peter Saxon