[ome-users] bio-formats broke in latest Fiji

Aryeh Weiss aryeh at cc.huji.ac.il
Fri Aug 29 20:12:29 BST 2014

Curtis recommended that I post Bio-formats issues here, so I am posting
what I reported with the Fiji bug reporter.

Bio-formatds no longer properly reads nd2 multifield files. I just
noticed it today.

I will try to upload an example. Bsically, ir gets the frames, z-size,
etc wrong.
I tried both the version distributed with Fiji, and the cersion I get
when I select the bio-formats update site.
I hae not founda way to fall bakc to previous versions of bio-formats to
see where things changed, I am abroad so Ido not have access to backups.
I will try to upload an image.

ok -- I verified the following:

1. A fresh download of the newest Fiji reproduces the problem
2. The June 2014 lifeline version works
3. pasting the Jars/Bio=formats directory from lifeline to latest fixes
the problem.

I uploaded an nd2 multifield image set called control003.nd2. using the
Fiji Help>Upload a Sample Image utility. It should be about 2 GB in size.

--aryeh

--
Aryeh Weiss
Faculty of Engineering