[ome-users] converting lif files to ome-tiff

Mark Hiner hinerm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 18:05:07 BST 2014

Hi all,

>While I'm not entirely sure of the separation of responsibilities between
ITK, SCIFIO and Bio-Formats for this
>particular task

The readme for the SCIFIO-ITK ImageIO (
https://github.com/scifio/scifio-imageio) was out of date. It should now
correctly instruct users to e-mail scifio at scif.io (copied) for ITK imageIO
troubleshooting.

> I found this only occurs when you enable "-w" to use SCIFIO for output.

Note that without the -w flag, the default ITK TIFF writer will be used,
which I thought was limited to 3 dimensions (or at least it was at one
time). If you want to write an .ome.tiff it has to be written with
Bio-Formats, anyway.

> Looks like it's trying to read z plane 60 when there are only 60 planes

I'm assuming the # of planes to read isn't being updated for each series..
I'll look into it when I get a chance.

Thanks for the report,
Mark