[ome-users] Lif files made in Leica LAS AF 4 couldn't be opened

Makoto Kamei Makoto.Kamei at sahmri.com
Fri Aug 15 06:20:41 BST 2014

Hi,

We just got an update on our Leica LAS AF software (to version 4). The lif files made using this new version cannot be opened by FIJI through the bio-formats plugin (I use the "bio-formats importer" function). I've updated both FIJI (ImageJ 2.0.0-rc-13/1.49e; Java 1.6.0_24[64-bit]) and bio-formats plugin (ver 5.0.3-DEV) but this did not help. When I try opening the file, this is the error message I get; in a dialog box, it says "Sorry, there was a problem during import" and the log window displays the following:

loci.formats.FormatException: Invalid Memory Block: found magic bytes 0, expected 112
                at loci.formats.in.LIFReader.initFile(LIFReader.java:416)
                at loci.formats.FormatReader.setId(FormatReader.java:1317)
                at loci.plugins.in.ImportProcess.initializeFile(ImportProcess.java:494)
                at loci.plugins.in.ImportProcess.execute(ImportProcess.java:144)
                at loci.plugins.in.Importer.showDialogs(Importer.java:141)
                at loci.plugins.in.Importer.run(Importer.java:79)
                at loci.plugins.LociImporter.run(LociImporter.java:81)
                at ij.IJ.runUserPlugIn(IJ.java:202)
                at ij.IJ.runPlugIn(IJ.java:166)
                at ij.Executer.runCommand(Executer.java:131)
                at ij.Executer.run(Executer.java:64)
                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I can upload an example file if it is helpful to anyone. Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Makoto

Makoto Kamei
Research Officer, Cell Biology, LDRU
PhD
P 08 8128 4920
E Makoto.Kamei at sahmri.com
[SAHMRI logo]
<http://www.sahmri.com/>
SAHMRI, North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000 Australia
PO Box 11060, Adelaide SA 5001 www.sahmri.com<https://www.sahmri.com/>
Follow us on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/sahmri> and Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/sahmri_tweets>.