[ome-users] Skinning Omero

Aleksandra Tarkowska A.Tarkowska at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Aug 7 08:31:28 BST 2014

Dear Jake

You have two options to do it:

First quickly add custom logo straight from online resources, using:

bin/omero config set omero.web.login_logo
"http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/logo.jpg"

If you prefer to add front page to your system you need to create new
django template. If you wish to try and see how it works use for example
webstart template and set the following:
bin/omero config set omero.web.index_template 'webstart/start.html'

If you decide to write your own templates please refer to the Django
template language
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/developers/Web/WritingTem
plates.html#django-templates

After that you will also need to set:
$ bin/omero config set omero.web.template_dirs '["/path/to/templates_dir"]'
$ bin/omero config set omero.web.index_template 'new_template.html'

For more information about customising OMERO.web see:
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/sysadmins/unix/install-we
b.html#customizing-your-omero-web-installation

I hope that will help

Kind regards
Ola