[ome-users] Change LUT in OMERO.insight

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Thu Apr 3 12:19:11 BST 2014

On Apr 2, 2014, at 5:19 PM, Jan Eglinger wrote:

> Dear all,

Hi Jan,

> I'm currently trying out OMERO.insight and the OMERO ImageJ/Fiji plugin with a test OMERO.server installation, and I have a few questions:
>
> 1) In the built-in image viewer in OMERO.insight, I can right-click on a channel to change its color. Is there any way to apply a custom lookup table (LUT) in the image viewer?
> Of course I can open the image directly in Fiji, but it would be nice to save a custom LUT with the image on the server.

None of the OMERO stack currently supports LUTs. I've filed a ticket to first integrate this into the model which can and will then be propagated to all the clients:

  http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/12168

Note: this won't be a quick undertaking. If you have any ideas on simpler changes that may still get you what you need, don't hesitate to mention them.

> 2) May I suggest to create a Fiji update site [1] for OMERO? Currently, there is the Bio-Formats update site, but for installing the OMERO plugin, you still need to manually copy the folder into ./Fiji.app/plugins

It's something we've been wanting to do for quite some time. I filed another ticket and CC'd you so that you'll get a notification of when it's done:

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/12167

> Cheers,
> Jan

Cheers,