[ome-users] Problem opening .nd2 files, new NIS software version

Sebastien Besson s.besson at dundee.ac.uk
Thu Sep 5 14:43:24 BST 2013

As a follow-up of this thread,

some recent changes introduced in the Bio-Formats Matlab functions do not
properly work with Matlab versions earlier than R2009b.
A pull request has been opened to fix this function and restore compatibility
with earlier versions:
https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/pull/688

As part of this change and the ongoing drop of support of Java 1.5, the
current development branches of Bio-Formats will effectively drop support for
Matlab versions earlier than 7.5 (R2007b).

If you currently use Bio-Formats with R2007a or earlier and would not be able
to upgrade Matlab, please let us know so that we can re-evaluate which
versions we support.

Best,
Sebastien

On 4 Sep 2013, at 14:13, Sebastien Besson wrote:

Hi Katrien,

is the following command typed at the Matlab prompt producing the same error:
>> bfGetReader('test.fake');

Which version of the Bio-Formats Matlab functions did you download?
Also which version of Matlab are you running against?

Best,
Sebastien