[ome-users] Problem reading czi files of line scans

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Tue Nov 19 19:58:36 GMT 2013

Hi Aaron,

> Bug #11513 (CZI linescan dimensions incorrect) was reported as fixed a
> couple of days ago. I tried the latest trunk build (yesterday) and indeed
> the dimensions of the files are now correctly read. Unfortunately, there
> still seems to be a problem with the actual reading of the pixel data. If
> I read the same test file I sent you I get (loadGeneric() is my MATLAB
> wrapper around loci_tools.jar):

*snip*

> If I take a look at the loaded dataset, all rows (planes) for z > 1 are
> zero and only the first plane (z = 1) contains signal. Loading the scans
> in the ZEN software shows that there is however signal at all a values.

Thank you for catching that, and my apologies for not getting back to
you sooner.  We have a fix for the problem under review here:

https://github.com/openmicroscopy/bioformats/issues/797

Once that shows as being merged, the trunk build should include the fix.

> One more detail: metadata.nImagesInSeries is
> loci.formats.ChannelSeparator(loci.formats.ChannelFiller()).getImageCount()
> : is it correct that it reports 50?.

Yes, that's correct - one image for each Z and channel.

Regards,
-Melissa