[ome-users] OMERO 4.4.9 won't start after upgrade from 4.4.5

Niko Ehrenfeuchter nikolaus.ehrenfeuchter at unibas.ch
Mon Nov 11 15:15:17 GMT 2013

Dear all,

On 11.11.2013 11:44, Rainer Poehlmann wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
>>> For the moment, I would suggest you upgrade to 4.4.9 for Ice 3.4 [2]
>>> so that you'll have the benefit of any OMERO bug fixes, while we
>>> investigate the Ice 3.5 issue.
>
> As suggested, I upgraded this morning to OMERO 4.4.9 for Ice 3.4 and
> _not_ 3.5.
>
> This one went through smoothly and OMERO started up afterwards without
> any problems. Just to keep you updated.

unfortunately it turns out we're experiencing several problems. One is a
strange behaviour in the web client, which mostly goes away when
force-reloading the page.

The more severe issue is that the Java Webstart client doesn't work at
all any more. When trying to connect from a machine where the Webstart
client was used before, a new version is downloaded from our OMERO
server (as expected), however it complains immediately with the message
in the attached screenshot.

What can we do to debug this?

Cheers
~Niko