[ome-users] Omero binary repository layout

Josh Moore josh at glencoesoftware.com
Thu May 9 10:02:50 BST 2013

On May 6, 2013, at 4:58 PM, Paulo Almeida wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Paulo,

> I asked this question a couple of weeks ago (sorry about the repeat),
> but I rambled on a bit about our specific problem, and maybe that's why
> there were no responses.

Sorry for having dropped this. By all means, ask again if anything slips by us!

> Are all images stored in the same directory (with no subdirectories) in
> the Omero binary repository?

No. All binary files are stored in numbered directories based on the database id of the related object. For example, the "Pixels" object 12345 goes into the file /OMERO/Pixels/Dir-012/12345 and the "OriginalFile" object 3771500 goes into the file /OMERO/Files/Dir-003/Dir-771/3771500

In other words, there won't be more than 1000 files and 1000 directories in any given directory. This also holds for the /OMERO/Thumbnails directory.

> Thanks,
> Paulo

Cheers,
~Josh.