[ome-users] Bug upon import of czi files

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Tue May 7 14:14:14 BST 2013

Hi Thorsten,

> the loci_tools.jar does only produce a black image upon import of the attached file.
> Any idea?

Using the most recent version of Bio-Formats (4.4.8), I definitely see a
non-black image when opening that .czi file.  Note that the maximum
pixel value in the image is 4047, so given that it is 16-bit data it may
look black depending upon how you are viewing the image.

If you are using an older version of Bio-Formats, then I would suggest
first upgrading to 4.4.8.  If that doesn't work, then it would help to know
how you're viewing the images.

Regards,
-Melissa